“Staff feel valued. Leaders listen to staff and do their
best to make workload manageable.”
We celebrate being part of a diverse school community that is focused on our shared values of community, love of learning and character. We have a structured induction programme for early career teachers and for all new colleagues.
We particularly support teachers who are keen to teach high ability students to A-Level, but who have not yet had the opportunity to do so. We support career progression and offer targeted professional development and the opportunity to apply for and qualify through National Professional Qualifications for those aspiring to move into middle or senior leadership positions. Non-teaching staff are encouraged to identify areas of development and the school supports training and learning opportunities wherever possible.
The strong team of highly qualified staff has extensive and varied experience. They share a commitment to high standards of learning, discipline and care for the personal wellbeing of each student. Opportunities for professional development are essential and care is taken to ensure all staff have access to training and new experiences through a comprehensive and personalised programme of CPD, both elective and directed through twilight and inset days. Based on the needs identified by appraisal and teaching and learning reviews, our CPD programme offers bespoke pathways. There is a well-developed programme of induction for all new colleagues and newly qualified teachers and staff are encouraged to join working parties on specific areas of development. There is also an active staff association which arranges social activities throughout the year.
There is an active staff association, which arranges social activities throughout the year.
Other staff benefits include:
- Two week October half term
- Free tea and coffee in the staffroom with regular wellbeing weeks
- Pleasant working environment on the outskirts of the busy town of Kingston upon Thames with easy access to London and the surrounding Surrey countryside
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Enhanced maternity benefits and consideration given to flexible working where possible
- An Employee Assistance Programme including free at the point of use counselling
- Free lunch and refreshments on Inset days
- Membership of either the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme (support staff) with generous employers contributions.
- Generous Teaching & Learning Responsibility allowances to recognise positions of responsibility
- The opportunity to participate in a wide range of working parties to enhance and influence working practices and pedagogy irrespective of your experience