LGBT+ Week 20 – 25 February
This week we have organised a range of events to highlight our commitment to the rights of LGBT+ people, foster understanding and celebrate diversity within our school community.
Our focus this week is on raising awareness about the increase of violence towards LGBT+ people. All funds raised will go to GALOP, the UK’s LGBT+ anti-abuse charity, which works with and for LGBT+ victims and survivors of interpersonal abuse and violence.
Our activities this week include:
- assembling our Pride jigsaw puzzle as a community
- LGBT+ stickers and badges for sale in the foyer
- Animated films available at lunchtime Tuesday
- Pride music march lunchtime Wednesday
- Pride (teacher) Taskmaster lunchtime Thursday
- Music playlists throughout the week
- A focus on LGBT+ literature available in the LRC – click here to view the sway